Monday, October 24, 2011

A Fathers Oath

A Fathers Oath

Taylor, I write this to you on your sixth month birthday. For six months you have now blessed our lives, it is impossible to imagine what my life was, or would have been, without you. This is my oath to you as your Father, let any who read this hold me to it.

I have, do and always will Love you. Life would be so easy, so simple if that alone was enough. I know you will need much more from me.

You, as part of my family is what is most important. I will not let my intentions of doing what is best get in the way of what is most important.

I will help you grow and learn by teaching you what I can, and learning from you what I don't.

I will help you reach every goal and dream you have, even if it means letting you stumble along the way.

I will be your friend. But not at the expense of being your father.

I will be there for you whenever you need me, Lord give me the wisdom to hear her call.

I will fail at things. But I will never give up on you. Even if you give up on me.

I will give you a life filled with hope and happiness.

I will teach you about Love, Faith, Hope and all the other wonderful things about life. I will also teach you of ignorance, hatred, jealousy  and greed, fore if I don't the world would.

I will protect you, you will always be safe with me.

I Love you Taylor Lynn Horrell. Now and forever. This is my Oath

No comments: